Rechercher dans ce blog

Saturday, December 9, 2023

Julia Stiles reenacts iconic '10 Things I Hate About You' scene - Entertainment Weekly News

Christmas has officially come early to 10 Things I Hate About You fans everywhere.

While speaking at the Mash-Up Americans Book Festival in New York City on Wednesday, Julia Stiles took a moment to reenact her character Kat Stratford reading her iconic love poem to Patrick Verona (Heath Ledger) from a famous scene in the beloved 1999 romantic comedy.

In the clip, which the festival’s venue The Greene Space shared on Instagram, Stiles can be seen getting emotional as she utters the poem's legendary last line: “But mostly, I hate the way I don’t hate you, not even close, not even a little bit, not even at all.”

A modern retelling of Shakespeare’s The Taming of the Shrew, the movie centered around Cameron (Joseph Gordon-Levitt) and Patrick hatching a plan to have Patrick charm and begin dating Kat so that Cameron can date her younger sister, Bianca (Larisa Oleynik). Along the way, it becomes increasingly muddled as real feelings begin to blossom between Patrick and Kat.

Speaking with EW in 2019, Stiles explained that she was “desperate for the part” of Kat, which went on to become a breakout role for the actress. “It was so refreshing to see a teenage girl who was so feisty,” she recalled. “I thought that the writers had a healthy dose of cynicism with their humor that you don’t always find with teen romantic comedies.” 

Her 10 Things I Hate About You role felt fitting given the feedback she often received at auditions at the time. “I was an auditioning actor and mostly I would go out for commercials and they would tell me that I wasn’t bubbly enough,” she said. “They always thought I was angry, so to read a part like Kat I was like, ‘Ah, this is perfect for me!'”

Watch Stiles read Kat’s poem once again in the clip above. 

Want more movie news? Sign up for Entertainment Weekly's free newsletter to get the latest trailers, celebrity interviews, film reviews, and more.

Related content:

Adblock test (Why?)



"Scene" - Google News
December 10, 2023 at 04:56AM
https://ift.tt/b3KUjg5

Julia Stiles reenacts iconic '10 Things I Hate About You' scene - Entertainment Weekly News
"Scene" - Google News
https://ift.tt/xg6AdON
Shoes Man Tutorial
Pos News Update
Meme Update
Korean Entertainment News
Japan News Update

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search

Featured Post

A Quiet Place: Day One post-credits scene explained – does the prequel have a post-credits scene? - Gamesradar

A Quiet Place: Day One is out now in theaters, taking us back to the post-apocalyptic universe inhabited by the Abbott family for the firs...

Postingan Populer